Alejandro J. Müller
ICCAS (Beijing, China)
Prof. Alejandro J. Müller (third from the right) is an Ikerbasque Research Professor at POLYMAT and UPV/EHU. He is the coordinator (PI) of the RISE-BIODEST project. This photograph was taken during his second secondment to ICCAS (Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing) in front of building 8. His visit lasted one month, 30th July 2019 to 31st August 2019. On the far right of the picture is Jean-Emile Potaufeux, a PhD student from Mons, who was finishing his secondment at ICCAS.
During the visit he performed activities within Work Package 3 (which he coordinates), tasks 3.1 and 3.2 of the BIODEST project.
- Discussions with 3 PhD students that he co-advices at ICCAS on the part of their work dealing with BIODEST project:
- Guanyu Shi, student of the PhD program in Chemistry. Supervisors: Dujin Wang, Guoming Liu and A. J. Müller. January 2018-January 2021. In the case of Guanyu, she was doing a secondment to Prof. Müller’s lab during his visit to Beijing, so we held Skype meetings together with Guoming Liu.
- Xiangning Wen, student of the PhD program in Chemistry. Supervisors: Dujin Wang, Yunlan Su and A. J. Müller. January 2018-January 2021. Several discussions were held in person.
- Xuan Li, student of the PhD program in Chemistry. Supervisors: Xia Dong and A. J. Müller. January 2018-January 2021. Several discussions were held in person.
- Discussions of ongoing collaborations in the framework of BIODEST with professors Dujin Wang, Guoming Liu, Xia Dong and Yunlan Su. Secondment planning.
- He discussed the writing of a joint paper draft on the confined crystallization of polyesters infiltrated within AAO templates and another one on biobased polyamides crystalline memory.
He also attended the EP2019 meeting (Engineering Polymers) in Yinchuan organized by ICAAS, where networking activities were conducted together with ICCAS staff and Prof. Dario Cavallo from Genoa, who also attended the meeting.